Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Five Hundred, Twenty-Five Thousand, Six Hundred Minutes

So Erik and I went to the movies for the first time since we've been married. We tried to figure out what the last movie we saw, and we think it was the first Lord of the Rings. So if you know what year that came out, than that's the last time we went. I don't know what Erik's excuse is, but I don't see the point in paying $10 to see something that you can rent on Netflix later for a lot cheaper.

Our change of heart came about when we realized that the Nickelodeon theater in town does $5 movies on Tuesdays. Pretty sweet deal! Although I went back and forth about what I wanted to see, I finally settled on Rent. I figured it was the one movie that would be better on screen than on TV. I thought it was good, but in my opinion, if you haven't seen the stage version, I'm not sure if you'll like it. However, Erik never saw it on stage and he liked the movie, so maybe I'm full of crap. We think we're going to go back next week and see Walk the Line.

No comments:

Post a Comment