Friday, December 09, 2005

Karla's Tales...From the Gym! - A Tale of Two Gyms?

Okay, this just adds to the weirdness of the gym - there are two of the SAME gym on the SAME road! I figured out a different way to get to the gym I had been going to originally and thought I had entered the twilight zone when I saw the "Planet Fitness" sign on the wrong side of the road. Huh?!??!?! I decided to check it out, and when I questioned the woman at the front desk as to how this gym was different than the one that I could literally see down the road from there, she said no difference, just smaller. Huh?!??!?!

Well, one thing I do have to say, even though it's smaller, there are always parking spaces and always equipment available when you want it, unlike the other location. Why this other location hasn't caught on is a mystery to me, but I ain't complaining! In fact, I actually like this location better! Less freaks, more normal looking people, it's great! But I still don't get it!!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:45 PM

    OK, that is just odd.. I have heard of 2 starbucks within sight of one another on opposite sides of the road, but 2 gyms??? Thats just weird. Nice that they let you use either one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have the type of gym membership where I can go to any of Planet Fitness' gyms, no matter what state. My gym of origin actually doesn't even exist yet (yes, I know it's confusing). They had a special deal when I signed up since they are opening a location in Portland, so I took that as my "home" gym, but since they don't open till January 30th, I've been going to the one in Westbrook (town next to Portland). But the 2 gym thing is still REALLY messed up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:21 PM

    Karla- you are a freak...so you should be more at home at the larger gym.;)

    ReplyDelete