Monday, November 21, 2005

Karla's Tales...From the Gym!! (MUHAHAHAHAHHA)

So for those of you who don't know, I obtained a gym membership for the first time in my life the other day. To keep the record straight, I hate gyms -loooaattthhh gyms. However, this year I decided that I didn't want to go a whole winter with only running on weekends if the weather happens to be nice. I still haven't lost the 10 pounds I gained last winter. Anyway, part of Erik's Coast Guard bonus paid for my all of my initial fees and all that at the most gym-like gym in town. Gym-like gym you ask? Think of the typical gym environment, and that's this place. It's called Planet Fitness, and you probably have one in your state if you live in New England. At $20/month, I couldn't pass it up despite the facilities gym-ness. Gym-like pretty much boils down to buff guys who think they're all that, girls who think sportsbras are shirts, and marathoners who decide to run on either side of you when you're on the treadmill, making your 10 minute, 42 second mile look like your running at a sloth's pace. Anyway, despite the fact that I want to gag everytime I go in there, I have miraculously been inspired to write about it in a little blurb I like to call "Karla's Tales..From the Gym!" which I plan on posting whenever something wacko happens when I'm there. My next post is the inspiration for this. Enjoy, and feel free to comment with your own crazy gym stories!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:58 PM

    The woman wearing the sports bra as a shirt IS the reason to go to a gym as a guy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but real women can't pull it off. Wouldn't you rather have a real woman??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:34 PM

    mmm, bosoms

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget the girls who go there with hair all done up, a face full of makeup and just hang out in the free weight area flirting with the beef cake. You never see them lift one dumb bell or break a sweat. It's friggin social hour for these peeps.

    ReplyDelete