Friday, August 26, 2005

And getting something free from BU is like a comet, you better take advantage because it could be awhile before it comes around again!

I'd like to thank Ms. Rebecca Fachner for the above quote. It is so true, and boy did Erik and I take advantage! Wednesday evening we went to Sebago Brewing Company in Portland for a BU alumni event. It's the first time I've ever actually been sent anything in the mail about anything related to BU alumnis. And the word "free" on the letter was definitely the deciding factor of whether or not we were going to go :-)

As predicted, the majority of the people who showed up were older, but I guess that is to be expected. We ended up chatting with a couple from CT actually. They are both graduate students at Wesleyan, so of course we had to chat up Middletown and how it's a good place for food, but that's about it :-) The female half of the couple actually graduated from the music program at BU in 1999. Even though she's older, SFA is so small and you pretty much know everyone, but I didn't recognize her at all. We also ended up chatting with this guy who works for a construction company that is, surprise surprise, affiliated with my second job, Maine Preservation. He admitted that they aren't corporate members of the organization, so I of course told him that he should be. We'll see what happens with that :-)

Oh, and I guess I should talk about the freeness - open bar and a buffet of various appetizers. We have obviously partaken in Sebago's food and beer before, so we were psyched that this time, we actually didn't have to pay for it! And they had my favorite appetizer as part of the buffet - potato nachos. Yum, yum, yum! This is the first time they've had an alumni event in Portland for 30 years, so let's hope they keep on doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment