Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Here she comes! Miss Portland!


Say hello to the newest addition to the Rider family! I have wanted a rabbit for SO long, and I finally got my wish! I was on Craig's List the other night posting some stuff, when I came across a free, dwarf bunny, complete with cage, food, etc. I wasn't going to contact them because Erik said about a month ago that we should do some research on bunnies before we got one, but he encouraged me to email them. So I did - and now we are the proud parents of Miss Portland! An odd name, I know, but that's the name she came with. And we actually both really like it. My reason is that she has the same name as a restored diner in Portland that was going to be demolished, but they ended up moving it and are in the process of (or have finished) fixing it up. Since the name has to do with historic preservation, OF COURSE I like it ;-)

I actually feel really bad for her now old owner. She's probably a few years younger than me, and is moving to Florida with her boyfriend and can't really take Miss Portland with her. I could never imagine giving up a pet. But that was the same case with Puddy's old owner - couldn't keep her and had to give her away. But we're good adoptive parents, if I do say so myself ;-)

No word yet on how Puddy will take this. Only time will tell.

I promise to post better quality pictures once Miss Portland is no longer scared and can actually come out of her cage :-)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:07 AM

    OK, so now we have another grandpet! Are you going for a moose next, or is this it for a while until you show us something with two legs? Miss Portland is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....a lil bunny wabbit! How very cute. Is she full grown? Where is her bedroom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:17 PM

    mm, bunny

    ReplyDelete