Friday, April 28, 2006

I'm Still Keeping My "Non-Profit Queen" Name, Damnit!







Well, I got the job at Maine Preservation! It was almost anti-climatic when I heard the good news, probably because nothing could compare to all of the stress I had been going through, looking for new jobs and what not. My biggest fear was telling Old York. In fact, I only slept 2 hours the night before! My boss and the director were surprisingly non-stressed or vocal about it, so that was a HUGE relief! They both said that they know people need/have to move on and that, if anything, I picked a good time to bail since it's in between crazy seasons. While I officially gave them two weeks, I'm looking to work a deal with Maine Pres so that after the two weeks, I would come down to York one day a week for a few weeks to train the new person. There's no way they are going to get someone in this position and have me train them before I leave, it's just not possible. Still waiting to hear what Roxanne thinks about this, but I think she'll be accomodating.

I think this is a good move, despite the drama that unfolded during the past month. Not only will it get me on a real career path, it'll also give me the benefits I deserve after a year and a half of having multiple jobs - paid holidays! vacation time! sick time! I have to tell you, I was more excited about the paid holidays bit than I was with the pay raise ;-) And the money saved on gas alone is going to be fantastic! So that's that.

1 comment:

  1. Well, if things work out, there might be three of us doing the non profit management thang.

    Go USM!

    ReplyDelete