Thursday, February 23, 2006

Non-Profits RULE!


I actually have some good news to impart. Good news hasn't exactly been abundant lately, so we'll take whatever we can get! Anyway, I got my one year anniversary raise from Maine Preservation today, over a month before my actual anniversary date. It's only an extra $1 per hour, but hey, it's a floundering non-profit, so I ain't going to complain! Plus last year at this time I was making $2 less per hour than I am now. Good deal if you ask me.

And the other piece of good news is that Victoria Mansion has already asked me if I can cover the site manager position! It's not till April, but they wanted to give me plenty of advance notice. I guess the Mansion is having an event the last weekend of April, and the guy who took my job isn't starting till the first week of May. Thus, they need me to help out. They didn't mention anything about what was going on with the second site manager (which is the gift shop manager), but I'm thinking that maybe they want me to get some experience. I have training for the job about 2 weeks prior to the event (scheduled before I knew I would be doing the event), so that's good. It's something, right? I didn't think they would need me, despite the fact that they asked me to be the on-call site manager, but I ain't going to complain that this dude can't show up till after the event is over :-)

Nothing new with Erik. I'm the only one that has a "dramatic" life ;-)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karla and Eric-
    I miss you guys! I'm planning my next Portland trip for April or May. Yes, I will be up there to keep you from getting bored. Sharon told me that she went up to visit you a few weekends back and you took her winetasting AND antiquing. Now I'm officially jealous. On my weekend to visit you, I want to do a winetasting, art show opening, sushi AND antiquing. Okay? Okay! hahaah

    ReplyDelete